We’re a group of volunteers first organized in 1976 as the Island Church Foundation. Our purpose is to preserve this little church so that those German-Bohemian pioneers in who built it in 1863 of tamarack logs sheathed in board and batten would recognize it today. It has the original altar and pews, hand-sawn of pine, and a tiny choir loft and single confessional. A rope in the entry way reaches up to the original bell. We hold several events during the year, including an old-timey annual picnic the second Sunday of July and its namesake St. Wenceslaus Day the last Sunday of September.
Wait, there’s more here!